Friday, September 3, 2010

Bootie Button Flaps

So in getting to the bootie portion of the set my friend asked me about, I knew right where to turn for the main part of the bootie...the pattern for the crocheted sneaker booties! (I love that pattern! It is so cute!!!) I stopped after doing the 5th row of the body of the slipper, and then added on one row of sc all the way around to make it a smidgen taller and more narrow.


(I'm thinking maybe I should have used a smaller hook for a newborn size...these things'll last a while, unless the kid's got monster feet! LOL) From there I improvised my own little flap that will button on to hold the bootie on those itty-bitty feet. And now all I have to do is go find more buttons! (Here I come, craft store!) Here are the button flap instructions:


ch8, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in next 5 chs; 2sc in last ch, 2 sc in other side, working around the end of the chain to work in the round. sc in next 5 ch, 3sc in last ch, sl st to join.

round 2: ch1, 2 sc in first st, sc in next 5 sts, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 5 sts, 2sc in next st, sc in next 2 sts, sl st to join

round 3: ch 1, single crochet in same stitch and in each of the next 6 stitches after, 2sc in next st, ch 4, sk next 2 stitches and 2sc in following st, sc in next 7 sts, 2 sc in next st, ch4, sk 2sts, 2 sc in next st, sl st to join, finish off, weave in ends.






The selling of projects resulting in use of this pattern is permitted, but please don't sell the pattern itself, and always provide the link/URL to the pattern where you sell it so others can enjoy crafting as well! 

----------------
Now playing: Thierry Amiel - Je Regarde La-Haut
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

try access the pattern you refer to but it seems to be removed:( They look so cute, too bad!

Fledgling Techie said...

Once I finish my current custom orders, I will have to see if I can recreate/deconstruct the foot part of the pattern to add it to this post. :)