Friday, March 19, 2010

Making preemie hats

Wowzer! I haven't posted in ages! I've been keeping plenty busy since September, though, (which, in addition to another birthday, anniversary and Christmas, includes a trip to the States, the beginning of another deployment and the Ravelympics) and have plenty to blog about...if I would only take the time to. LOL

Recently one of the spouses in my husband's squadron e-mailed me a link to a site that promotes doing one nice thing a day for someone other than yourself, and one of them just so happened to be involving a charity called "Stitches From the Heart." And wouldn't you know, I've got 100% acrylic yarn out the wazoo that I am really trying to get rid of, and a fair amount of that being the soft or baby brands. So I've taken to making preemie hats. I found a knit pattern I liked pretty well, (though I like my modified version better, lol) but couldn't find a crochet one I liked so much that had some stretch and give to it. So I came up with my own! I'm super excited to share the pattern, but want to make sure it's intelligible and want it tested out before I post it, so keep your eyes peeled!



----------------
Now playing: Dommin - My Heart, Your Hands
via FoxyTunes

No comments: