Sunday, August 7, 2011

C25K

The days are ticking down very quickly until I'm in the States again and preparing for my BFF's wedding! I'm so excited!!! However, my weight loss has come to pretty much a complete stop.

As in, hitting a brick wall, stop.

A little while back, I'd thought about trying the Couch-to-5K program. It can't get much easier than a program targeted to couch potatoes and getting them to running the distance of a short marathon, right? So I bought the iPhone app. And it sat on my iPhone, completely unused for something like 2-3 months (at least).

Friday, when I went to go to the gym, I had forgotten that it was a base-wide "down day" (basically it means a day off of work). It might have had something to do with the fact that The Instigator still had to go to his class. lol But the point is, on down days, the gym closes at 8 o'clock instead of 10. Thankfully, the track is located outdoors. And what a perfect time to start my C25K!

It wasn't too bad, honestly, but I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't feel that way if I hadn't already been going to the gym regularly before that day!!!

Unfortunately, I forgot to stretch out after I ran, and Saturday I woke up soooooooooooo stiff and sore! Despite my stretching throughout the day, all day Saturday and Sunday, I was still sore when I woke up this morning. I was wondering if I was going to be able to run at all tonight! (The program has you run 3 times a week, and it changes weekly, gradually taking you from more walking than running to running the entire distance.) Somehow, though, I managed. I ran when the voice in my ear telling me to run, and was very grateful when it told me to walk! I started over again from day 1 so that my week time frame for the program  coincides with and actual week. lol So tonight was week 1, day 1 for the second time. I am really hoping that this helps me lose the stubborn inches that aren't going away and makes me hate what I see in the mirror.


2 comments:

Monica B said...

Good luck! I'd like to try to do that also after I have this baby. I need to get my butt into shape, but I hate running with a passion, mainly because I'm TERRIBLE at it. Halfway around the track and I'm wheezing. Ick!

Heather said...

Omigosh, you can totally do this Netta. I utterly stink at running, so my cardio of choice is bike riding. I love the idea of a little voice in your head telling when to walk and run. :-)

I know you can do it!