Monday, January 7, 2008

Friendship Blankets Update...

So I thought it was only making one square for each other person in the group......no, we don't have enough people. So we're supposed to make five squares for each other person! That's like a total of something like 95 squares! Yikes! I've finished 20 so far. I wasn't expecting to make that many. My first thought when I heard how many I needed to make was "Shoot! Forget that! I'll just make my own squares and my own blanket!" (And it was funny, because when I told my husband's grandmother about the change in the situation, she said basically the same thing! LOL) But that's really the point of sending them to each other. So that everyone ends up with a decent-sized blanket, but with different squares from all kinds of people from all over...shoot, the world, actually. I was going to say "the country," but I know there are moms on Cafemom from more than just the US. It'll be so interesting to see all the different squares with all the different textures of yarn and everything else.

Hopefully there won't be too much taking my time away from working on all these squares....

There's a lot that goes into being a parent of two toddler boys. Especially when their father is overseas with the military. My younger son is fast approaching the age my older son was the first time he had an ER-worthy injury. (Aidyn was running in our then-apartment that had very tight corners, and ran head on, at full speed, into the corner of a wall and ended up needing 10 stitches in his forehead....before he even turned 18 months old!) Just the other day, in fact, Calen took off running from the kitchen to the living room, from linoleum to carpeting, and the carpet is higher than the linoleum. So in his hurry to run, his foot got caught on the carpeting, and he fell, face first, into a china cabinet. His mouth hit the leg of the (for him) immovable cabinet. (It really is movable, but certainly not for someone his size! LOL) He cut his lip and even his gums were bleeding! Poor little guy. But no swelling, and with the injuries I've seen from Aidyn, I knew better than to be too alarmed. There was a fair amount of blood, but not enough to freak out over. So now I'm just wondering how long it will be before we have our first ER trip with Calen. He's only a month younger than Aidyn was for his first trip....I guess only time will tell....

No comments: