Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Killing Time...

So I was supposed to have been going and getting a bunch of stuff done today in OKC, but as C broke out into a nasty rash last night, I didn't want to make the poor little guy suffer through such a long car ride. His rash had disappeared by this morning, but I wanted to keep an eye on it to make sure it didn't make another appearance. So we sat around doing a lot of nothing today. Right about the time I laid C down for his nap, my fingers got itchy. Itchy as in restless. So I picked up a crochet hook and yarn and whipped out a beret. First time ever trying it, really. I think it turned out fairly well. I couldn't try it on because a) my head is 1/2" to 1" larger than "normal" (though it's mostly due to how thick my hair is, and I'm not even exaggerating...) and the finished product was about 1/2" smaller in diameter than it was supposed to be....LOL But here are some pics of it:

And then I tried to get A to model it for me, but he wouldn't keep it on his head long enough or be still enough for me to get the picture! LOL So I used a ball to "model" it instead. LOL:

I think I'm going to make a couple more, but experiment with it a little bit....

No comments: