Friday, May 15, 2009

The ransom has been paid!!!!

It's done! Projects four and five of my ransom are completed! Well, just about...I finished the scarf a couple of days ago, and would have posted about it, but was without Internet for a couple of days. This scarf came about because of the scarf travels round robin group I'm in. I wanted a skinnier scarf than the only pattern I could find on Ravelry, and I really like the whole Irish hiking thing. So I set about making one of my own original design...took the time to write it out and everything...I was in the middle of making this scarf (a while after sending out my starter) and, lo and behold, I found a pattern nearly identical to the one I created! LOL But I really like how it turned out. I used one full skein of Red Heart and it came out to be 110" long! Long enough, I think, for my tall best friend to wrap it around her neck and have it hang to her knees! LOL





And the final project of the ransom:



This is the bag that I originally was making for my spoiler...as I tend to crochet tighter than normal, I figured I'd go up a hook size to preemptively amend the potential problem...turns out I should have checked the given gauge first...it was enormous!!! And as I contacted my spoilee more, I just didn't feel like it was the right bag. So I ended up making her a different one instead and frogged the huge one back and redid it (in the proper hook size) to donate for angel kits. Just finished it up today! I still have to add a lining though.

But the fact that I completed the yarn portion was good enough for the friend holding my sweater yarn hostage...I got my yarn from her!!! I can start my very first sweater!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: