Thursday, February 3, 2011

Back to Blankets

For the longest time, nearly all I made were blankets. I'd stick in a movie and sit in front of the TV with my yarn and hook, and by the end of a couple of movies, I'd have completed an entire round ripple blanket. (In fact, you can read about a massive amount of them that I made in this post.) It's been a while since I've made any of those...

Right now I'm in the middle of 2 scarves for a Knit-A-Long, but the next part of the pattern (it's being released in weekly increments) isn't due to be out until Saturday at midnight (so I guess that would technically be Sunday morning), UK time. That leaves me with 3 whole days (counting today, of course) with no scarves to work on! I don't have a swap going on at the moment, and it's been a while since I've done any crafting to donate anywhere...so when I saw my friend Tammy's request for help in making blankets, it clicked inside me that that's what I should do! :) I've made a blanket for her before, a few years back, but then things got super crazy and busy (The Husband coming home from Korea, moving to Italy, raising a 1- and 2-year-old...), so that was the only one I ever sent her. But now, I can take some time (and use up a large portion of my acrylic yarn! YAY!) to make more! :D Hooray! So today, I started in on my first round ripple blanket in over a year:





I wonder how many I can get through before life starts to get hectic again? ;)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Boy howdy, girlfriend, when the Lord calls you, He shouts out, loud! Bless you and your willingness to serve <3

Unknown said...

you should definitely "show" me how to do a circular blanket! Right now I'm knitting pot holders for my new kitchen set I'm going to make when I get back home :D

Fledgling Techie said...

Michelle: I am more than happy to help any and all that is in my power to! There are so many less fortunate than me! I've been blessed with a husband that can provide, good health, and a knack for crafting. I LOVE to make things to donate! :D

Bonnie: Sure thing! It's crochet, though, not knit. (Just wanted to make sure you caught that! LOL) They're crazy-easy and super addictive! LOL